Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Get off your butts and on your butts!

On my way to ride my bike on my trainer in my basement, sure miss my amazing gym in Canyon Meadows but...

Just want to say that for those of you who don't ride bike...you need to be on the saddle at least twice a week for now.  The most important reason is because you need to train your BUTT.  Ask Jaime how it feels to ride bike for newbies.  Of course a stationary bike will have to do for now because of the weather.  Get to the gym and get your behinds used to the pressure of sitting on a saddle (and I don't mean the kind that you put on a horse Kimberley!) 

The whole process of training for a triathlon is the best part.  Plan on planning for training time, schedule it and stick to it.  Soon you will literally feel yucky if  you are not working out.  Do whatever your schedule allows for now, whether it's 30 mins or more, 5 days a week.  You need to train to start training. So, start now if you haven't and do what you can do.  When 12 weeks hits, we can guide you through it with specific distance, drills and plans if you like.  In the mean time, do something at least 5 times a week!

1 comment:

  1. Believe my mom on this! I am not an avid bike rider and every random time I bike my butt kills! Train your butt now and be consistent!

    ReplyDelete